7 Children were admitted to ICU in Mississippi with severe cases of COVID-19: What you need to know
· Seven children are currently battling COVID-19 in intensive care units in the state of Mississippi, a top official said.
· Two of the children are on ventilators, state health officer Dr Thomas Dobbs told ABC in a statement.
· It is not clear whether the children, whose ages range from under 1 year old to 17 years old, have pre-existing health conditions. But Experts worry that the low rate of vaccination in the state of Mississippi is putting children at risk.
· Mississippi has the lowest rate of vaccination in the country, with only a third of its population fully vaccinated.
· Hospitalization and the number of cases continued to increase in the past few weeks due to the Delta variant. Since the start of the pandemic, Mississippi has seen 3,25,000 cases and 7500 deaths till now.