Afghan ambassador's daughter brutally assaulted in Pakistan: What you need to know
· The daughter of Afghanistan's ambassador to Pakistan was kidnapped in the capital of Islamabad. She was held and tortured for several hours, officials in both countries said Saturday.
· A hospital medical report, seen by the Associated Press, she suffered blows to her head, had rope marks on her wrists and legs and was badly beaten. There was a suspicion that she had several broken bones and X-rays were ordered, the report said.
· There were no details about the abduction or the circumstances of her release.
· Pakistan called the attack 'disturbing' and said that the security at the residence of the Afghan ambassador in Islamabad has been increased.
· The Afghan foreign ministry strongly condemns this 'heinous act' and expressed concern for Afghan diplomats and their families in Pakistan.
· No one has been arrested in connection with the assault on Silsila Alikhil, the daughter of the Afghan ambassador. The Afghan foreign ministry demanded a quick investigation.