Brazil’s passes 500,000 death due to COVID-19: What you need to know
1. Brazil has so far seen 500,000 deaths due to Covid -19, the second-highest in the world.
2. President Jair Bolsonaro did not accept measures like social distancing and lockdown which added more infections in society.
3. The situation may become worse in the coming weeks due to low vaccination and the start of winter, as per health organization Foircruz, which disclosed that only 15% adult population got vaccinated till now.
4. President Jair Bolsonaro has been criticized for his refusal to mask-wearing and other measures to be adopted. People in Brazil are protesting with banners like "Bolsonaro must go".
5. On one side opposition is blaming President for delaying vaccine orders, on other hand President is saying he has done all that he can do for getting vaccines from other countries.