Candidates in Iran's Presidential Elections: What you need to know
1. Presidential elections are to be held in Iran on June 18. Seven candidates have been allowed to participate in these elections.
2. Of the 7 people, 5 are considered radicals, and the remaining two candidates are moderates.
3. Many people think that Ebrahim Raisi will come out as the winner. Ibrahim is the head of Iran's judiciary. He is considered a fundamentalist.
4. Some even say that he may also be the heir of supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. The remaining six candidates running in Iran's election do not have the same status as Ibrahim Raise
5. The second candidate Mohsen Rezai is a military man and he has never held any public office before. He has contested the presidential election three times.
6. Saeed Jalili is an older generation politician and Mohsen Mehralizadeh is the only reformist candidate who has been allowed to run in the elections.
7. Abdolnasser Hemmati is an impartial technocrat and governor of the Reserve Bank of the country since 2018.
8. The last two candidates are Amirhossein Qazizadeh Hashemi and Alireza Zakani.