Cyprus battles worst forest fire, four found dead: What you need to know
1. Cyprus battled to contain the worst forest fire in its history after homes burnt down and at least eight villages were evacuated.
2. Greece, Italy, and Israel have sent firefighting aircraft to tackle the fire. British troops stationed on the island are already in operation.
3. The blaze broke out in the community of Arakapas on Saturday morning before spreading through a mountainous region near the cities of Limassol and Larnaca.
4. On Sunday, Four people were confirmed to have died in the fire. The victims are believed to be Egyptian farmworkers reported missing after their car was destroyed by the blaze.
5. The cause of the fire is under investigation but police arrested a 67-year-old man who was reportedly seen burning stubble in nearby fields.
6. The police said the fire was "still raging with outbreaks that are rekindling" despite the efforts of the authorities overnight.
7. Police urged the public to avoid burning things outdoors, throwing cigarettes or matches out of the car while traveling.