Famous Indian actress Surekha Sikri passes away: What you need to know
· Three-time national award-winning veteran actress Surekha Sikri passed away following a cardiac failure at the age of 75 on Friday morning.
· The actor had been suffering from complications from a second brain stroke. Sikri had suffered a brain stroke last year and was discharged after a few days.
· Sikri made her debut with the 1978 political drama film 'Kissa Kursi Ka'. She received the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actresses thrice, including 'Tamas'(1988), Mammo (1995) and 'Badhai Ho' (2018) But she gained popularity with a prominent role as 'Dadisa'in the prime time soap (Balika Vadhu).
· Her other performances in 'Salim Langde pe mat Ro', 'Zubeidaa' are also memorable.
· She also received Sangeet Natak Akademi Award.
· The actor made her foray into television in the 1990s with 'Sanjha Chulha' and went on to feature in popular shows like 'Kabhie Kabhie', 'Just Mohabbat', 'CID', ' Banegi Apni Baat' and Balika Vadhu.
· Her portrayal of strict matriarch Kalyani Devi aka Dadisa in the show Balika Vadhu made her popular among the younger generation of film as well as television directors. She played the part of 'Dadi' in other soap operas like 'Pardes main hai Mera Dil'…and 'Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani'. Her back to back impressive turns as the grandmother on TV helped her land the 2008 feature 'Badhai Ho' which brought her third National Film Award.
· She was survived by her son Rahul Sikri.