Meghan & Harry welcome a new baby girl: What you need to know
- Meghan and Harry have announced the birth of their second child, a baby girl.
- Lilibet Diana or Lili Mountbatten-Windsor was born on Friday morning in a Cottage hospital in Santa Barbara, California and has been named after the family nickname for the Queen, the baby’s great-grandmother.
- The baby weighed 7lb 11oz (3.48kg).
- Both mother and child were healthy and well, a statement said, and Lili was settling in at home. The couple's press secretary said "The Duke and Duchess thank you for your warm wishes and prayers as they enjoy this special time as a family".
- Meghan revealed in an article for the New York Times in November, she had a miscarriage in summer 2020, she wrote "I knew, as I clutched my firstborn child, that I was losing my second".