Pakistan to remain on FATF grey list: What you need to know
1. Pakistan is trying to improve its image. It has worked against terrorism, and is trying to send a message globally that it is against terrorism.
2. Pakistan was put on the grey list by the FATF in June 2018 and the country has been struggling to come out of it since.
3. Pakistan has completed 26 parameters out of 27, but is still not out of the grey list although FATF has appreciated its work.
4. Now Pakistan has to follow the 6 conditions to come out of the grey list.
5. The international body urged Pakistan to proceed with its anti-terror work plan and take action against the terrorist organizations within Pakistan.
6. The organization demanded that the senior leaders and commanders of terrorist organizations should be punished by Pakistan. FATF has advised the country on crimes like money laundering.
7. Pakistan is constantly on target around the world due to terrorism, it is a big set back for Pakistan, which is considered a haven for militants.
8. As Pakistan continues to be on the FATF grey list, it would be very difficult for the country to get financial aid from the IMF, World Bank and the EU.