Technology helps to trace killer in Greece: What you need to know
1. In a shocking update, a 33-year-old pilot in Greece confessed to the killing of his British wife Caroline Crouch.
2. Crouch, 20 was born in the UK and living with her husband and baby in a suburb of Athens where she was killed on May 11.
3. Her husband Babis Anagnostopoulas was picked up after attending his late wife's memorial service.
4. He initially claimed three robbers who had broken into their Athen's house, tied him up, suffocated his wife, and stole $15000 cash.
5. But the police were doubtful of his story as they could not find any trace of the gang.
6. Then they checked technical devices and a data trail left the devices used by the couple. This led the police to this breakthrough.
7. Crouch's smartwatch showed that her heart was still beating at the time her husband said she was murdered. The activity tracker on his phone showed him moving around the house while he said he was tied up and data cards of home security also told a different theory.
8. He confessed the crime after eight hours of questioning.