U.S. Women's gymnastics team member tests positive for COVID: What you need to know
· A replacement athlete on the U.S. women's artistic gymnastics team has tested positive for COVID-19, according to the USA Gymnastics.
· The gymnast did not publicly identify by the authorities, tested positive while training for the games in Narita, about 35 miles east of Tokyo. She is between 10 to 19. The USA gymnastics stated that she and another alternate member of the team were quarantined.
· In alignment with local rules and protocols, the member has been transferred to a hotel to quarantine.
· The U.S. Olympic and Paralympic committee identified the athlete as an alternate on the team.
· The news comes just a day after U.S. Tennis star Coco Gauff pulled out of the games after testing positive.